Oh my goodness! Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta has become a family favorite thanks to the inspiration of one of my favorite Pinterest finds, Damn Delicious . You must stop by her site to see all the fabulous recipe offerings! I don’t like messing with perfection, but I tweaked it just a little and used cilantro instead of parsley since I think cilantro and lime are the perfect combination here. I love shrimp as well as pasta! Put these two weaknesses together and bang, bang ! I wonder if that explains the derivation of that name? Probably not, but this has become one of our quick busy night meals that is great to take for lunch the next day, provided there is something left.
It’s so simple to prepare! Whisk together olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Look. At. That. Color. It already smells incredible! Toss in the shrimp and lay them on non-stick aluminum foil, evenly spacing them. Bake 6-8 minutes until no longer translucent.
Toss the pasta with spicy mayo, shrimp and cilantro. Oh, yum! Dinner is done!
- 1 pound pasta, your choice
- 1(or more) pound medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. Kosher salt
- ½ t. pepper
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- ½ c. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 t. Sriracha sauce, more if you like heat
- ½ c. chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together olive oil, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pat shrimp dry and place into bowl of seasonings. Stir to coat.
- Place shrimp on a foil-lined baking sheet(I use non-stick foil).
- Bake for approximately 6-8 minutes until no longer pink.
- Cook pasta while shrimp are baking.
- Prepare the spicy mayo for the pasta by whisking together the mayonnaise, Thai Chili sauce, lime, garlic and Sriracha sauce.
- Pour drained pasta into large serving dish and gently toss pasta with mayonnaise mixture to evenly coat.
- Stir in shrimp, chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes if desired.