Cherry Almond Oatmeal Bundles are a fabulous treat for your Valentines Day. Share these with those you love! Filled with oatmeal, dark red cherries, toasted coconut, sliced almonds and white chocolate chips! Surely, you can validate a lot of those as good for you! Why, I just ate one for breakfast! Oatmeal, fruit, nuts…all good for you! Cranberry Oatmeal Bundles are a favorite during the holidays and makes plenty to share. I just switched out a few ingredients for this variation. It’s fabulous!
My little sous chef Weston whisks together the dry ingredients,
Cream the sugar and butter together.
Add eggs and continue to beat until creamy(below). Follow this by blending in the dry ingredients.
Carefully toast the coconut. Stir often and watch as it will easily burn; I don’t want you to waste that luscious coconut! I love the little crunch this adds to these cookies.
Combine the toasted coconut, chopped cherries, sliced almonds, white chocolate chips and oatmeal in a separate bowl. With a wooden spoon, combine with cookie dough until they are equally distributed throughout. Warning: this may take a little time and effort, but be patient! It will be so worth it in the end.
Using a cookie scoop, place dough about 2 inches apart on parchment paper placed on a rimmed baking pan. I like the pre-folded sheets available in the store. They are sized perfectly for my “projects.”
Bake for about 12 minutes. Place pan on a cooling rack for a couple of minutes before removing them.
Now, I’m not about to eat all that this makes at one time. What I often do is scoop the rest of the dough and freeze it. Here’s the rest of the dough after the 15 I baked for this blog post. Altogether, it makes over 6 dozen!!! Once frozen, I will place enough for a pan into freezer bags and return them to the freezer. If ever the mood strikes for something sweet (to go with my red wine after dinner), I’ll pull a bag out, and bake without having a sink full of dirty dishes to clean! It’s fabulous. The major work is already done for you!.
I hope you find a multitude of reasons to bake these! Remember, they’ll go great with your morning yogurt. Go ahead and crumble it in top like granola! I will gladly call these Cherry Almond Oatmeal Bundles my breakfast cookie!
- 2 c. all-purpose flour(2¼ c White Lily)
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ½ t. Kosher salt
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c. dark brown sugar
- ⅔ c. turbinado sugar(Sugar in the Raw)
- 2 large eggs plus one egg yolk
- 2 c. old-fashioned oats
- 12 oz. semi-sweet or white chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 c. toasted sweetened coconut
- 1 c. sliced almonds
- 1 c. dried dark cherries-about a 5 oz. pkg.-chopped
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until well until light an fluffy.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients; blend well.
- In another bowl, combine the additions to distribute evenly.
- Incorporate them within batter with a wooden spoon.
- Drop onto parchment paper with cookie scoop.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- Depending on the size of your scoop, the yield could vary.