Cilantro Lime Rice compliments Mexican -style meals with perfection ! Do you need a side dish to accompany some carnitas, burritos, quesadillas, tacos, or chili? This is perfect for a rice or burrito bowl.
Cook the rice in vegetable stock. I prefer to use Better than Bouillon Vegetable Base to create the broth. Its flavor is amazing! The jar takes up less space in your refrigerator than a quart container and actually makes 9.5 quarts of broth. That’s quite a savings over buying individual quart-sized containers.
Chop the cilantro and toss into the rice mixture.
If you want a little kick of extra protein, add in a can of rinsed black beans.
Leftovers can be uas a base for a rice bowl for a quick meal on a busy family night.
Serves: 10-12 servings
- 2½ c. Brown Basmati Rice
- 4 c. vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. Lime zest
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- 4½ t. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 t. Kosher salt
- 1½ t. dried oregano
- 1 t, cumin
- 1 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed (optional)
- Bring rice and vegetable broth to a boil.
- Cover and reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes,
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with fork.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the next 7 ingredients.
- Drizzle over the brown rice and stir to evenly distribute.
- Evenly spread cilantro over top and gently toss into rice.
- Rinse black beans then stir into rice.
- Serve or chill until ready to serve.