Cilantro Lime Sweet Potato with Chili Butter is a summer alternative to a fall vegetable. This is a wonderful escape from the ordinary use of sweet potatoes! Don’t wait for the leaves to fall! Take this to work and let your colleagues be as green as the cilantro with envy! This would be a great accompaniment to any summer barbeque. It’s literally effortless to make and has a surprisingly great combination of flavors!
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and halved
- 2 T. whipped butter
- ½ t. chili powder
- Cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt
- 1 lime
- Cook a whole sweet potato using your preferred method.
- While potato is cooking, prep the additions.
- Combine butter and chili powder; chill until ready to use.
- Chop desired amount of cilantro.
- Slice lime in half(or quarters), for your desired preference of lime taste.
- Once cooked, slice the potato in half lengthwise.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, place one scoop of chili butter on top of each warm half.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of salt.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of cilantro.
- Drizzle desired amount of lime juice over the top.