Creamy Macaroni and Cheese is the perfect comfort food any time of the year. My son Drew was home from Denver for the first time in about 2 years so I shifted into cooking overload mode. We had Fettuccini Alfredo with grilled chicken, Tenderloins from the Sous Vide chef in the house, steamed Maryland blue crabs, and some roadside grilled chicken. This dish complimented the roadside grilled chicken, which we cooked in the oven using the convection setting to lightly brown the chicken quarters. (I’ll blog that with pics soon.) We made lots of good family memories with his friends who joined our table. This is one Drew wanted me to post so he could make it back in Denver. So listed below are the instructional pics, followed by the recipe. This is so simple, you must give it a try! My grandchildren love to help me make this!
After cooking the macaroni, melt the butter on medium heat and add the flour, whisking for about 3 minutes.
Add the warmed milk. Whisk constantly until thickened and can coat the back of the spoon.
Take mixture off of the burner and add in cheese until melted.
Stir in the macaroni and you are ready to serve!
I’m not sure what you are waiting for….You know you want to eat this picture!…Don’t forget to share!
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni(or medium shells or bowtie pasta)
- 4 c. milk( I used 1%.)
- ½ c. butter (1 stick)
- ½ c. flour
- 1 T. Kosher salt
- 4 c. shredded cheese, (cheddar or cheddar cheese blends of your choice)
- Cook pasta to al dente stage-least number of minutes stated on package.
- Drain and rinse with cool water; set aside.
- In a large glass measuring cup (or bowl), heat milk for about 4 minutes.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk for about 3 minutes.
- Add hot milk and whisk constantly until thickened. It will coat the back of a spoon at this point, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt Less salt than listed may be added; adjust to your taste preference.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese until melted.
- Gently stir in macaroni and you are ready to serve!