Dark Cherry Pecan Brownies are a decadent twist on my Fudgy Brownie recipe. I can find numerous additions to this to make it versatile and twist it to suit the occasion. Dark Cherries are one of my favorite snacks to just grab out of my pantry when a desire for something sweet to go with my glass of red wine. Of course, chocolate anything always works with red wine. So, the combination of the two only seemed fitting, don’t you think? Rather than wasting any more of your time with the chat, let me get you started on pulling this together.
Melt the broken chocolate pieces with the softened butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir until thoroughly blended. If there are still any chinks of chocolate remaining. Melt for an additional 15 seconds in the microwave and stir again until smooth.
Whisk together the eggs and sugars in a separate bowl.
Add in the flour, nuts and cherries. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the batter. Montmorency cherries are the best! You can buy a Montmorency juice concentrate which is wonderful mixed with juice from 1 fresh lime. Throw in some chia seeds for a fabulous fresca! The brand I use is shown below.
Place batter in a 13″ x 9″ x 2″ pan onto buttered parchment paper. Spread evenly into pan
Bake for 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Allow to cool on rack before cutting. I use a plastic knife or device to cut them. The brownie will stick to a metal knife if still warm and rip up sections of brownies.
Now, pour yourself a glass of milk ( or some red wine) and indulge yourself! You are welcome for the stress-reliever.
- 1 c. butter
- 2 4 oz.- pkgs. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. dark brown sugar
- 1 c. turbinado sugar (Sugar in the Raw)
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 c. all-purpose flour ( Add 2 T. more if using White Lily flour.)
- 1 c. pecan chips
- 5 oz. pkg. Montmorency Whole Dried Tart Cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Microwave butter with broken chocolate pieces for 1 minute in a glass bowl. Stir to combine. If pieces of chocolate remain, heat for an additional 15 seconds and stir again.
- Beat eggs with sugars until combined.
- Whisk in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Stir in flour, pecan chips and chopped tart cherries.
- Pour into 13" x 9" x 2" pan lined with buttered parchment paper.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool before cutting.