Fiesta Corn and Black Bean Salsa was born out of necessity. “Honey? What did you make for the pool party?” the hubster asked. “Oh,” I said. “We are going?” Our house was full of extra family members, three of them 8 and under and one teen on crutches. “Are we taking 2 cars?” I inquired. Hmmm…. While I leave them to figure out the logistics, I begin to forage.
What’s in the pantry? Fridge?….I found black beans in the pantry. I had fresh ears of corn, peppers and cilantro in the fridge. Now onto Pinterest. Where’s that recipe? I confess that I have multiple categories where I could have pinned it. Veggies, Salsa, Dips, Party Food??? Where is it!?( I pin way too much!) Maybe I thought I pinned it. Searching again, I found it! Using the recipe for Corn and Black Bean Salsa with Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette from Made from Pinterest as my base, I revised it a bit since I didn’t have everything listed. Time is short. I enlist Jim, the hubster, to help. Little people afoot running circles around us, we begin. He’s such a great sous chef! Truly, he’s a “Jim” of all trades. He can literally do anything!
Within a few minutes, of chopping and blending, it’s ready to go! Are we? Is the car big enough to handle all of us? Once we found and installed the additional seat, we are ready to go! And yes, I did remember to pin it for reference later, if needed. The end result was amazing! Fresh sweet corn adds such a delightful flavor. Unfortunately, I left the avocado at home so it’s not pictured above; it would have been great with it! Reminiscent in flavor of a version I have of Cowboy Caviar, it was a hit! Whew!
- 2-15 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 ears of fresh sweet corn
- 2 bell peppers, (1 orange-1 red) thinly sliced then diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds thinly sliced then diced
- 2 t. salt
- 1 t. Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 T. agave (or sugar)
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- Lime zest from 1 lime
- 6 T. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ c. cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 avocados, diced (optional)
- Place all prepared vegetables in a large serving dish and toss gently to combine.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients together, except avocados.
- Drizzle over the vegetables and stir gently to evenly distribute.
- If desired, dice 2 avocados just prior to serving and drizzle them with more lime juice to prevent them from turning.
- Gently combine them into mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.