Grilled Lamb Chops with Herbed Marinade makes for a light summer meal when served with your seasonal favorites. The local farmer’s market often provides inspiration for each week’s meal prep. So, every Tuesday at 2:00p.m., my phone alarm reminds me to prepare to leave on my weekly quest. This week, I bought some lamb loin chops. They are small, but can be oh so savory when grilled.
Smear the marinade on both sides of the lamb chops. Place in a Ziploc bag and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before grilling.
Grill for 2-3 minutes per side and up to an additional 5-6 minutes until internal temperature registers 150 degrees. Last year, it was accompanied by roasted balsamic carrots with a savory Mushroom Risotto. This year, I just grilled some local asparagus to place on the side because my hubs is on a low carb diet and I don’t want to deter his progress. Try Grilled Parmesan Asparagus I cooked this on the grill mat alongside the lamb chops! Looking for carb alternatives. can be an interesting, yet flavorful, adventure.
- 1½ t. minced garlic
- 1½ t. Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 t. Kosher salt
- ½ t. freshly ground black pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 loin lamb chops
- Place marinade on both sides.
- Place lamb chops in Ziploc bag in refrigerator for at least an hour before grilling.
- Grill 2-3 minutes per side and an additional 5-6 minutes until meat reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees.