Honey-Dijon Chicken Salad is perfect to make ahead of time and use to pack your lunch for work the next day or two or to share with small get together of friends. It’s quick to prepare and a delight to eat! Serve it over a bed of lettuce, on a toasted croissant or your favorite bread. I used a brioche bun here. It was a wonderful combination. Sweet with a little sweet. I’d definitely recommend it. Either way, it’s sure to bring a smile in the taste receptors in your brain! The crunchies add a delightful flare.
Slice a nice Granny Smith apple in half. Core out seeds. ( I core it out with a melon baller tool. Genius! ) Put apple half face down. Slice vertically, then dice the slices.
Put chicken in bowl; top with quartered red seedless grapes, diced apples, pecans and diced celery.
Drizzle dressing over these luscious crunchy combinations and gently combine to coat ingredients. Cover and chill.
This amazing salad can be served as a sandwich ( I used a slightly toasted brioche bun.) YUM!! It’s amazing either way! I’m taking mine to the beach (Assateague) this morning in a cooler with plenty of ice. No worries. I shall savor it while I listen to the waves crashing on the beach and read a book.
- 2 c. chopped/shredded chicken breast, your preference
- 2 stalks of celery sliced and diced
- ½ c. chopped pecans
- ½ c. red grapes, quartered
- ½ Granny Smith apple, washed, cored, sliced and diced, with peel
- ¼-1/2 t. black pepper
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. chia seeds
- Cook chicken breasts in boiling pot of water until cooked through. Allow to cool in fridge so it's easier to chop, dice and or shred. This could be done ahead of time or you could use leftover chicken from another meal, if you have enough.
- While chicken is cooking, chop celery, apples and grapes.( I purchase pecans already chopped.)
- Place all of the above ingredients within a glass bowl. Sprinkle with pepper and toss to evenly mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Then blend the dressing into the chicken mixture.
- Allow to chill before serving.
- Serve over salad greens or as a sandwich.