Drizzle this lusciously sweet and tangy Honey Dijon Vinaigrette on top of your favorite salad mix. Showcase its vibrancy on top of your favorite toppings such as tomatoes, avocados, grilled chicken breast, feta, dried cherries, almonds, pecans…..
I wanted a fresh flavored dressing for my summer-style salad…. in the midst of winter. Don’t judge me! I miss summer everything ! Fresh tomatoes, herbs, long days, dinners on the porch, margaritas, reading a book at the beach….. I love living near the beach. I count my blessings with all of my natural surroundings. More peaceful than a fifth grade classroom….(I love my kids!) …
I played with this recipe a bit before I was satisfied. I adjusted the ratio of vinegar to oil (1:4). The salt tones down the acidity of the vinegar but I didn’t want a lot so I started on the low end, 1/4 teaspoon. Add more if you like. I blend in the honey and mustard until well incorporated and then slowly whisk in the oil as I drizzle it into the vinegar mixture.
Get your salad ready! Then taste the balance of flavors. Oh, yum!
Serves: about ¾ cup
- ¼ c. white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ t. Kosher salt
- ¼ t. black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 T. honey
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir the salt into vinegar until dissolved. Add pepper.
- Whisk in mustard and honey; blend well.
- Drizzle in olive oil and continue to whisk until Ingredients are completely immersed.
- Use immediately or keep chilled until ready to serve.