Indian Spiced Roasted Vegetables is perfect for a Meatless Monday meal all by itself! While looking for a new spin on veggie preparation, I came across this recipe on http://mjandhungryman.com listed as Roasted Cauliflower, Tomatoes, Chickpeas w/Indian Spices. It compliments any meal as a side dish. It’s so vibrant in color and full of nutrients, I can’t stand it! The flavor is bold and delightful to the senses. It’s perfect the way it is, with one exception. I used lime juice instead of lemon juice. I love the lime-cilantro combination!
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes or seasonally grown small tomatoes from your garden
- 1-15oz- can of low-sodium chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 t. cumin
- 1 t. turmeric
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- ½ t. each salt and pepper
- 3 T. EVOO
- 1 lime
- Cilantro, to your liking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse vegetables
- Trim cauliflower and cut into florets
- Cut tomatoes into quarters.
- Rinse and drain chick peas.
- Whisk together, minced garlic, spices and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add in the prepared veggies and toss until coated thoroughly.
- Lay in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with non-stick foil or foil sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- While still hot, sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro to your liking.