I love anything shrimp! Shrimp Tacos, Shrimp Scampi, Alfredo with shrimp…. You name it, I’ll eat it! This is a quick weeknight meal that is sure to please the shrimp lover in your house! I love that you can just pick it up to eat like pizza with a quick clean up. That’s what I’m talking about! If you have any leftovers, they are great to pack for lunch the next day!
- 4 pita pockets, cut in half( I used Naan brand.)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deceived
- 1 T. olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ t. sea salt
- ½ c. sliced roasted red peppers or peppadews
- ¼ t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 c. fresh spinach, chopped
- 1-2 T. fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet, sauté shrimp in oil until shrimp turns pink.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook one minute longer. Remove from heat into a medium bowl.
- Mix shrimp, cheese, roasted peppers, spinach and basil gently until blended evenly.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop filling equally between the 8 halved pita pockets.
- Brush tops with olive oil and lightly grind more salt and pepper over them to gently season.
- Bake approximately 6-8 minutes, until they are a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!