Shrimp Paprika is a light meal perfect for a summer evening. Perfect for a quiet dinner for two, it’s reminiscent of fajitas, but better! Your time commitment is minimal and clean up will be a breeze! How I wish summer could last year round, without the humidity, of course.
Place 2 T. of olive oil in a large skillet. On medium heat, saute shrimp until no longer translucent. Remove shrimp from pan onto another dish and set aside.
Slice one large red bell pepper and half of a large red onion. Place in the same pan along with the garlic until veggies are softened.
Add the shrimp back in the pan with the seasoning mix and toss until all ingredients are evenly coated. Oh my gosh! I’m in love with smoky paprika! Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta uses it too, and it is wonderful! You have to make this just to inhale the aroma!
You could place this Shrimp Paprika over rice or over lettuce for a wrap. Maybe even a tortilla would work! Aren’t those colors gorgeous?
Now, if you would like, Creamy Avocado Ranch Tomatillo Dressing offers a smooth flavor enhancer.
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. Kosher salt
- ¾ t. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼-1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes, your heat preference
- Shrimp and Veggies:
- 2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- ½ large red onion, sliced thin
- 5 large garlic cloves, pressed
- Preheat skillet to medium with 2 T. oil.
- Saute shrimp until they are no longer translucent. Remove and set aside.
- Place red pepper strips, onion and garlic into the same pan and cook until softened.
- Add shrimp back into the pan and pour seasoning mixture on top and toss all ingredients in pan until evenly coated.
- Serve over rice, in a tortilla, or in a lettuce wrap. Be creative!
- Avocado Ranch Tortilla Dressing is awesome over this!