This Smoky Hot Sauce is perfect for Smoky Ranch Chicken Wings or your favorite wing recipe. The guys I live with are fanatics when it comes to wings, as most men seem to be. I usually only fix them at home during the Super Bowl crowd that visits. However, because of their popularity, I’ve started to make them more often. It’s a way of making up for the specialty dishes I make that the teenagers tend to pass up. I’m not sure why they won’t try them, but they are fabulous and that just leaves more for the hubs and me to enjoy as leftovers or to take to work. Sometimes that leaves them to fend for themselves and that’s ok. After all, adulthood is around the corner and I won’t be there to always cook for them.
Making Smoky Hot Sauce is just this simple! Add the ingredients listed below into a small saucepan over low heat. Once the butter has melted, whisk into other ingredients until smooth. Continue to simmer and whisk for about 5 minutes.
Pour into individual dishes for dipping or coat the wings with the desired amount of sauce in a large bowl then serve. It definitely was finger-licking good! Store any extra sauce in the refrigerator. Save it to drizzle over tacos!
- ½ c. unsalted butter
- ⅔ c. Frank's Red Hot Sauce, original
- 1½ T. (4½ t.) of Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ t. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- ¼-1/2 t. Smoked Paprika
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk in Frank's Red Hot Sauce with other ingredients.
- Allow flavors to blend over low heat for about 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- You can coat your prepared wings with this sauce or you can provide small dipping bowls for individuals.
- This a great sauce to use on tacos, too!