No barbeque can be complete without this Tangy Summer Cucumber Salad! Prepare it the morning of your get together and let your refrigerator do the rest! Simple doesn’t get any easier than this. Slice, boil, pour, refrigerate, and you are done! Oh, that sweet, vinegary taste will bring out your summer smile! You probably have most of the ingredients you need in your pantry already, minus the veggies, of course.
Slice the cucumber, peppers and onions thinly. In a shallow dish, place only the onions and peppers.
Boil the dressing ingredients for 1 minute.
Toss in cucumbers and chill covered until ready to serve; stir frequently while chilling.
This Tangy Summer Cucumber Salad is amazing, but if you want a different flare on it, try Fire and Ice Summer Salad! It’s the best too!
- ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c. red wine vinegar
- ¼ c. agave syrup
- 1 t. celery seed
- 1 t. mustard seed
- t. sea salt
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 6 mini-bell peppers, seeded and sliced into thin rings
- 1 small red onion, sliced in half, then thinly sliced
- Boil syrup, vinegars and seasonings for 1 minute.
- Pour over onions and peppers, Toss and let it cool.
- Add cucumbers and toss with onions and peppers.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Stir occasionally while chilling.