Baked Fiesta Dip is made during the holiday season for large gatherings of friends and family. Not only is it a display of holiday colors, but its flavor combinations lure you back for another chip dip or two. Minus the toppings, this can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to bake just before your guests begin to arrive. This recipe originated from a Philadelphia Cream Cheese recipe I found years ago. Give it a try!
After mixing together the cream cheese, cheese, sour cream, chili and cayenne pepper, spread the additional sour cream over the top. Sprinkle the remaining cheese in a ring around outer edge of the dip. At this point, you could wrap this and place it in the refrigerator until you are ready to pop it in the oven. If you are cooking it in a stoneware dish like I am, make sure the dip sits out a little while before placing it in the oven. Stoneware can crack when there is a drastic change in temperature. I just love the red color of this dish when serving this Baked Fiesta Dip.
After baking, place a ring of drained fire-roasted tomatoes around the inner circle leaving a smaller inner circle for the green onions or cilantro. Sprinkle additional green onions/cilantro on the outer cheese circle. Serve this with your favorite chips.
This is a family favorite, especially when entertaining large numbers! It can be prepped the night before so it's ready to pop in the oven before your guests arrive. The colors are perfect for a holiday gathering.
- 2 - 8 oz. packages of Cream Cheese (1/3 less fat), softened
- 1- 8 oz. package of shredded Fiesta Cheese
- 1- 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 1/4 c. light sour cream
- 1/4-1/2 t. cayenne pepper
- 1- 14 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes,drained
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro or green onions
- Step 1 Beat softened cream cheese until creamy.
- Step 2 Add to the cream cheese all but 1/2 cup shredded cheese, along with chilies, 1 cup of the sour cream and cayenne pepper.
- Step 3 Spread into a 9 inch pie pan or container similar in size.
- Step 4 Bake for 25 minutes.
- Step 5 Remove from oven, spread remaining sour cream.
- Step 6 On the outer edge, sprinkle evenly the remaining cheese.
- Step 7 On remaining interior, spread the fire-roasted tomatoes .
- Step 8 Sprinkle green onions or cilantro evenly over the top and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Step 9 Serve with tortilla chips.