Chicken Fajitas baked on a sheet pan is a quick weeknight dinner for a busy family. I’m all about an easy prep for dinner, You could cut all the veggies the night before, if needed. To follow up, you would just need to do would be to thinly slice the chicken and mix up the seasoning blend.
Place all the veggies in a large Ziploc bag. Seal and toss veggies. Add the chicken and toss again to evenly disperse the ingredients. Pour the seasoning mix, which has been blended with the garlic and olive oil, over the contents. Toss and massage seasoning onto chicken and veggies. These were large chicken breasts and I should have sliced the “slices” again so they would resemble strips better. If I was using the portioned chicken breasts I normally buy, they probably would have been perfectly-sized strips. There’s always next time!
Prepare pan liner with non-stick spray, if needed. Empty contents onto a rimmed sheet pan.
Bake for about 30 minutes, tossing about halfway through cooking time.
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breast, sliced thin~ portioned-sized chicken breasts are thinner and probably work better for the strips ...
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, orange), seeded and sliced
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 1 t. chipotle chili pepper
- 2 t. cumin
- ½ t. coriander
- 1 t. Kosher salt
- ¼ t. black pepper
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- After, baked:
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ c. chopped cilantro
- soft tortillas
- sour cream
- avocados or guacamole
- Slice chicken, onion and peppers as indicated. Place them in a large ziploc bag.
- Combine the dry seasoning ingredients.
- Add in olive oil and garlic and whisk together.
- Pour over contents of ziploc bag.
- Seal and massage in the seasonings. Empty contents onto rimmed sheet pan lined with non-stick foil.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Warm up tortillas, wrapped in foil, about 5 minutes before the end of cooking time.