Cilantro Burgers with Spicy Mayo is a great addition to your barbeque menu in the summer! I found these marvelous wonders on myrecipes.com but revised it slightly. These juicy, succulent burgers have the perfect seasoning to make you stand in line for seconds, or at least go home and cook your own. I have often made them and put them in the freezer for a quick grab for dinner when schedules are hectic, surprise company staying for dinner or to take camping. Pop them in the cooler and throw on the grill once all the tents are set up! Delish!
Here, I take the beef(or turkey) and combine ingredients thoroughly.
I took this picture of 3 burgers, not 4 like it makes. Don’t ask why. Maybe their positioning looked picturesque???
The burgers can be placed with parchment paper between them if you are choosing to freeze them for later use.
Here is an example of another possible formation. This package of ground beef contained 2.25 pounds. So, being the math teacher that I am, I calculated 9-1/4 pound burgers. Wait! Nine is a perfect square, which means I can shape it and divide it into a 3 by 3 square! Done! Who says you don’t use math? You cook don’t you? Otherwise you wouldn’t be here, right?
This sauce adds the perfect amount of kick to bring this experience up to another level altogether.
Is your mouth watering yet? It should be…. Now go put them on some toasted buns slathered with the spicy mayo and some additional cilantro. No other condiment is needed!
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey (93%)
- ¼ c. chopped cilantro plus another ¼ cup for garnishing burgers
- ¼ t. Kosher salt
- ¼ t freshly ground black pepper
- Condiment Sauce:
- ¼ c. mayonnaise
- 1 T. Sriracha sauce
- Combine all ingredients and divide into 4 -1/4 pound sections.
- Grill to an internal temperature of 140 degrees.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce.
- Serve burgers on a toasted bun with the spicy mayo and cilantro as an added garnish.