This sultry, yet cool summer meal mellows out the heat of the day with it’s own heat. Old Bay, of course, is a main ingredient of this shrimp salad sandwich. However, the true heat comes from cayenne pepper. Can you handle that!? It would be a great disappointment to not try this recipe! I’ve use this for years and its always a pleaser. I found it originally in an Old Bay cookbook, which I have since lost, but I had it stored in my recipe binder. Whew! It would be great for a summer luncheon for a get-together with the girls or a light dinner with neighbors.
I started with these ingredients.
Gently fold the salad dressing mixture into the shrimp until coated evenly.
Place on a toasted croissant with lettuce of your choice.
Yum! Bite into this and savor every moment.
Serves: 6 rolls
- 8 oz. cooked shrimp (I used 90-140 count/pound-peeled and deveined).
- 1 t. Old Bay
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice, about a half of a lemon
- ¼ c. Miracle Whip salad dressing
- ¼ c. finely chopped celery
- ¼ t. dill weed
- ⅛ t. Worcestershire sauce, low-sodium
- ⅛ t. cayenne pepper
- 6 "European style" croissants- smaller type
- Thaw shrimp according to directions. Use paper towels to absorb excess water.
- Place shrimp in a glass bowl and toss until evenly coated with the Old Bay.
- Combine Miracle Whip and lemon juice separately.( I used Pyrex 1-cup capacity measuring cup).
- Add celery, dill weed, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper to mixture and blend well.
- Stir mixture gently into the shrimp.
- Refrigerate for about an hour for the flavors to meld and intensify!
- Toast sliced croissants.
- Spoon desired amount on croissant with lettuce, if desired and serve.