Soft and chewy Cranberry Oatmeal Bundles were a fabulous hit when left in the faculty lounge before Christmas. The assistant principal said it was his kryptonite A fellow team member kept coming back saying he wasn’t sure he liked them or not, on his fourth trip to the stash. A sweet Para, Brenda, has asked repeatedly for the recipe that I kept saying will be on the blog soon. Better late than never! Here it is!
This made a large batch so if you need to make something sweet and bite-size to share with a crowd, this will become your go to recipe. Ingredients could vary based upon your liking or what’s available in your pantry. I’m going to cut to the chase and just blab out the recipe so you can get busy!
Serves: 5 dozen
- 2 c. all-purpose flour(2¼ c White Lily)
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ½ t. Kosher salt
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c. dark brown sugar
- ⅔ c. turbinado sugar(Sugar in the Raw)
- 2 large eggs plus one egg yolk
- 2 c. old-fashioned oats
- 12 oz. semi-sweet or white chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 c. coconut, sweetened
- 1 c. pecan chips
- 1 c. Craisins
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until well until light an fluffy.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients; blend well.
- In another bowl, combine the additions to distribute evenly.
- Incorporate them within batter with a wooden spoon.
- Drop onto parchment paper with cookie scoop.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- Depending on the size of your scoop, the yield could vary.