Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing is a great topping for a rice bowl full of tomatoes, avocados, black beans or chick peas and maybe some summer fresh corn! Perhaps on a fish taco or grilled shrimp? Why not use it as a dip for fresh vegetables or on a spicy chicken salad? Greek yogurt gives it its creamy texture and it won’t disappoint you. Let your imagination decide where you can use this scrumptious dressing.
The ingredients below combine to make a fabulously fresh dressing. I never have enough limes or cilantro in my house. They are currently on my grocery list AGAIN!
I have an immersion blender, but I also have a Nutria-Bullet which emulsifiers incredibly fast! So, I pulled it out, plugged it in and with a little twist, the cup was attached and the dressing was complete in a blink. If you want a little more fire, try adding one or two dried Thai chili peppers or your favorite variety of heat.
Serves: 1 cup
- ½ c. Chobani plain yogurt
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. white balsamic vinegar
- ½ t. sea salt
- 1 t. agave syrup
- ½ c. chopped cilantro
- ⅓ c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- dried Thai chili pepper(s) or heat of your desire, if preferred
- Blend the first 6 ingredients in your blending device until smooth.
- Add cilantro to the mixture and blend again.
- Finally, add the oil and blend until emulsion is complete.
- If your want a little heat, add your choice of impact. I use Thai hot chili peppers. Be careful!
- Drizzle on your cilantro-lime lovin' dish and enjoy!
- Chill unused portion.