Orecchiette Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe is a satisfyingly delicious pasta sensation! Families are busy and this will ensure quality time at your gathering table with your loved ones! Alter this a bit for a lighter healthier dish still full of wonderful flavor. Any leftovers make a great lunch to take to work the next day. You will enjoy how quickly this comes together. Want a dairy free dish? Don’t sprinkle the cheese on it. Go ahead and make it your own!
- 1 pound mild sausage OR 1.25 pounds turkey sausage
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of Orecchiette pasta
- 1 pound of broccoli rabe OR 2-5 oz. packages of baby spinach and kale(Power Greens!)
- Red pepper flakes
- Basil, chiffonaded
- Parmesan cheese
- If using broccoli rabe, rinse and trim.
- Bring 1 gallon of water and 1 T. salt to a boil in a large pot.
- In a separate pan heated to low-medium temperature, place olive oil, pressed garlic and sausage.
- Cook sausage mixture until lightly browned.
- Place pasta in boiling pot of water and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add broccoli rabe or spinach/kale mix to pot with pasta and cook for an additional minute.
- Drain and add to sausage mixture.
- Stir to blend sausage evenly with pasta and greens.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, basil and parmesan, if desired.