What would summer be without Peach Sweet Tea? I never knew there was a secret ingredient to making it perfect, other than an incredible amount of sugar. Would you believe it’s baking soda? Just a bit. Evidently it neutralizes the tannins in the tea to make it less bitter and smooth-tasting. It’s perfect! Now, this doesn’t have to be made with peaches; it would taste smooth with or without fruit. You must try this before summer comes to an end !
Serves: 1 gallon
- ¼ t. baking soda
- 12 tea bags
- 3 peaches, sliced
- 1 qt. boiling water
- 1½ c. sugar
- 3 qt. cold water
- Place baking soda on the bottom of 1 gallon pitcher.
- Top with 12 tea bags and 3 peaches, sliced.
- Pour 1 quart of boiling water on top and steep for about 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and squeeze out excess water from them. Strain out peaches, if desired.
- Stir in sugar until dissolved, then add cold water.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.