Queso Blanco Dip is a great appetizer to devour during football season! Do you have some ravenous fans coming over? This would surely be a hit! A little bit of heat on a chilly fall/winter afternoon is a score for you! Add a little corn that’s been sauteed with the garlic and boom! Bring on the chips to dip. Secretly do your end zone dance!
Sauté the garlic, jalapeno, onion and corn with the olive oil until onions are soft and translucent.
In a separate saucepan, bring half and half to a simmer over low heat and gradually stir in sliced cheese until melted.
Add cheese mixture to saucepan with sautéed vegetables. Once combined, stir in lime juice, zest and cilantro over low heat briefly.
This dip will be a touchdown for you and your sidekicks!
Serves: 3½ cups
- 1 pound White American Cheese ( I used deli-sliced Land O'Lakes cut into strips.)
- 2 T. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ear of corn, stripped of kernels or 1 cup Silver Queen Corn(frozen)
- 1-2 jalapenos, thinly sliced and diced
- ½ c. red onion, thinly sliced and diced
- 1½ c. half and half
- ¼ c. cilantro, finely chopped
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- Over low-medium heat, sauté garlic, jalapeno, onions and corn for about 5 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent.
- In a saucepan, warm half and half until over low heat to a simmer.
- Gradually add strips of cheese, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Add melted cheese mixture to sautéed vegetables.
- Stir in lime juice, zest and cilantro
- Top with more cilantro or Pico de Gallo before serving.