Red-Skinned Garlic Mashed Potatoes are just, can I say, perfect! I made these to go with a fabulous meatloaf recipe which I will get to posting eventually. These are actually so good that I woke up in the middle of the night craving them. There was a little bit left. So, I wandered into the kitchen and warmed some up with a little bit of cheddar cheese. Nothing like a mouthful of comfort food…….
Place the cubed potatoes and sliced garlic cloves into a saucepan. Make sure the water level is about 2 inches above the potatoes. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are fork-tender, about 15-20 minutes.
Dump the drained potatoes and garlic into a bowl containing the warmed cream and melted butter.
This is a perfect side dish for any meal which you prepare. Red-Skinned Garlic Mashed Potatoes is side dish to impress, for sure! Any family food function should include this comfort food, it may help avoid those disagreements about life matters; just insert another spoonful in your mouth.
Serves: 6 servings
- 2.5 pounds red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- ¼ c. butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cover cubed potatoes and sliced garlic .in a large saucepan with cold water about 2 inches above the potatoes.
- Over low-medium heat, bring to a boil until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes from the start of the boil. Drain.
- Place a large glass measuring cup with cream and butter in microwave and cook until butter is melted, being careful to not allow it to boil over.
- In a large bowl, pour in the warmed cream and melted butter with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Dump the potatoes on top of this and mix at high speed until creamy.
- Adjust seasonings as desired.