Squash Ribbons with Basil makes all the work in the garden worth it! This flavorful combination bursts satisfaction in your mouth! My son’s friend, Claire, posted a picture of her abundant produce and asked what to do with them. I told her I had just the thing. It’s quick to assemble and enjoy.
I collected some basil leaves from my garden, rinsed them off. Then, I layered them on top of each other and rolled them tightly. I made thin slices through the rolled basil. This process is called a “chiffonade” which is Fresh for “made of rags”. This gives this dish a nice tasty flair. Basil is a great accent to your favorite pasta dish or as a fixin’ for your deli-style sandwich. It really brightens up the flavor of the meat ! You can also chiffonade mint similarly. I’ve not tried it on this dish, but hey, anything is possible! Possibly a Greek flavor??
At this point, you are all prepped and ready to go! Once the garlic is golden, quickly add the squash as directed below. Add the basil last and gently mix to infuse the flavor. Remove from heat. Enjoy!
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 zucchini- about 1 pound, jullienned
- 1 yellow squash, julienned
- 1 T. fresh basil, chiffonaded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in preheated skillet
- Add the garlic and stir until golden.
- Toss in squash and gently combine for about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle basil on squash and allow to infiltrate squash mixture.
- Serve immediately.