Stuffed Italian Meatball Sliders are full of juicy flavor! My Italian meatball recipe from my Meatballs Marinara post was used and improvised to create this grilling sensation! This 4th of July holiday weekend was the perfect time to try it out! So, I put my grill master hubby to work at his grilling station to perfectly cook these luscious mouthfuls of delight!
The idea came to me as I was making meatballs on one of this past winter’s chilly evenings while I was dreaming of summer to come sooner rather than later. Well, summer has arrived so we are into the height of grilling season. Let’s do this!
Scoop two ice cream-sized leveled scoops of the meatball mixture. Place two( or more) mozzarella pearls or small chunks of mozzarella into one flat side of meat. Top with the flat side of the other meaty mound.
Seal the sides and roll into a large ball. Flatten so it is the size of the base of a slider bun. Now we are ready for the grill. ” Take me to your (grill)master.” they chant. So, under their spell, I carry them to their fate. A few minutes later…..
My thought is to try serving these on small ciabatta buns…or studded with pesto… or a little bruschetta mix fresh from the garden(my choice) …or maybe a splash of marinara sauce…… Ketchup or mustard must be low on the condiment pole for these wonders Look at that little bit of mozzarella creeping out to take a peek at you!
- 1 pound ground round
- ½ c. panko
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 t. dried (1 T. fresh-chopped) parsley
- 1 t. dried (1 T. fresh-chopped) oregano
- 1 t. basil (1 T. fresh-chopped) basil
- ½ t. Kosher salt
- ½ t. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella pearls or small diced pieces of mozzarella.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Using a large scoop, scoop 2 leveled mounds.
- Insert 2 mozzarella balls into one side, place the other side on top an seal by rolling between the palms of your hands, then flatten slightly into the size of the base of a slider bun.
- Grill carefully until reaching 145 degrees internal temperature.
- Serve with desired condiments onto toasted slider buns.